The latest inspection from Ofsted rated Whinney Banks Primary School as a ‘Good’ school.
Some of the comments published by Ofsted include:
• Pupils and staff are overwhelmingly positive about the quality of education on offer at Whinney Banks.
• Parents and carers spoke of the high levels of commitment of staff to the school and how central the school is to the local community.
• Members of staff are very proud to work at Whinney Banks. They are committed to the pupils in their care and want to make a difference to their lives.
• Pupils are courteous and welcoming. In lessons, their level of focus is superb
• Children make rapid gains in their development.
• As pupils move through school, they make rapid progress from their individual starting points in subjects across the curriculum, including reading, writing and mathematics.
• Pupils leave having reached standards that are above the national average … having made strong strides in their learning at Whinney Banks.
• Staff have created an environment at school where pupils feel safe to thrive, develop and mature into well-rounded young people.
• Effective curriculum coverage and a focus on respectful behaviour weave together to help to ensure that pupils are safe at school and learn how to keep themselves safe.
To view our Latest Ofsted report, please click here