Whinney Banks Primary is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community.
To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- Ensure quality of access for all pupils and prepare them for life in a diverse society.
- Use materials that reflect a range of cultural backgrounds without stereotyping.
- Promote attitudes and values that will challenge discriminatory behaviour
- Provide opportunity for pupils to appreciate their own culture and religions and
celebrate the diversity of other cultures.
- Use a range of sensitive teaching strategies when teaching about different cultural and religious traditions.
- Develop pupils advocacy skills so that they can detect bias, challenge discrimination, leading to justice and advocacy.
- Ensure that the PSHE and Citizenship curriculum cover issues of equalities, diversity, religion, human rights and inclusion.
- Ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
Although, as a school, Whinney Banks Primary cannot eradicate inequalities in society, we will endeavour to provide genuine equality of educational opportunity and experience in all aspects of its activities with all stakeholders.
Our Equality Policy is available on this website: Key Information – Policies