Values and Ethos
Click to see our School Values.
What are we aiming to do in Whinney Banks Primary School ?
The staff at Whinney Banks Primary School are committed to being an open, supportive and professional team who respect one another and work together to make a difference.
We aim to create a positive atmosphere of trust, respect and high expectations between pupils, staff, parents and other professionals.
We are determined to foster a happy, safe and calm environment where children behave well and become confident, independent learners.
We encourage children to:
- care for one another
- develop self-esteem
- take a pride in their work
- take responsibility for their actions
- strive for high standards in both behaviour and academic achievement.
In order for them to experience success and realise their potential, we seek to treat all children
fairly and have high expectations of each individual.
We are passionate about providing children with a broad, balanced and enriched curriculum.
This is delivered in a high quality, stimulating manner, using first-hand experience and practical
activities wherever possible.
We strive to build effective learning partnerships between home, school and the community.
By working together, our aim is to be recognised as a successful school, where parents are
happy to send their children and to which children are happy to come.
We want children to leave Whinney Banks:
- Curious, independent learners
- Literate, numerate and IT competent
- Creative, resourceful and able to solve problems
- Self-confident learners who have high expectations of themselves, are willing to try new things and make the most of opportunities
- Well rounded personalities who recognise their talents and have ambitions
- Emotionally healthy
- Having the confidence to express themselves and value their own and others’ contributions
- Respecting themselves and others with the ability to make informed choices
- Understanding their own and other cultures and traditions, with a strong sense of their place in the diverse world around them
- Having enjoyed their learning experience
- With the ability to lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives